Fraud and Disputes
SHAZAM offers a full suite of risk management tools to protect your community financial institution. From our powerful portfolio of fraud mitigation solutions, a cardholder dispute management solution and an identity theft support system, you’ll find a comprehensive selection of services at SHAZAM.
Reduce Your Fraud Losses With SHAZAM’s Fraud Management Solution
We’ll help your institution protect your cardholders and reduce fraud losses. SHAZAM’s neural-network fraud management solution is powered by FICO® Falcon®. This powerful tool recognizes patterns and predicts trends using artificial intelligence to detect and stop fraud. Our solution coupled with the expertise of the SHAZAM fraud team is one of the most effective solutions in the industry.
Benefits for you
Each time a cardholder makes a purchase, information contributes to a statistical model based on the cardholder’s individual habits. Our fraud management solution truly knows your cardholders by capturing more than 20 cardholder routines and other factors to construct the intelligence and make decisions about future transactions and the likelihood to be fraudulent.
- Real-time scoring analyzes and scores each transaction denying or approving instantly based on the thresholds you’ve set
- Ability to stop fraud losses at the first dollar and eliminate subsequent losses
- Declined transactions are researched by a SHAZAM fraud specialist and used to further refine the cardholder’s profile
- Fraud scoring technology is powered by FICO Falcon's latest available version and debit data models
Prevent Fraudulent Transactions With SHAZAM Card Block
SHAZAM Card Block gives you the power to manage authorization blocking at the primary account number (PAN) and bank identification number (BIN) levels. The wide array of available blocking criteria allows you to create blocks easily based on cardholder requests and fraud trends identified by your institution.
You can implement blocks by combinations of criteria or just one, for a specific period of time or indefinitely. This tool is easy to use plus the fraud experts at SHAZAM are always available to help you analyze trends and make recommendations.
Avoid Costly Dispute Management With SHAZAM’s Dispute Resolution Services
Let our dispute management experts handle the complex cardholder dispute process on your behalf. SHAZAM will manage inbound cardholder calls, investigations and documentation in a seamless and professional manner for your institution. This means your institution won’t need a staff member to keep up with required training and other compliance requirements.
Benefits to your institution
Our team of dedicated dispute representatives will talk with each cardholder and:
- Gather pertinent information to initiate and process the dispute
- Collect and manage all dispute information electronically
- Store all documents and case history
- Make sure you stay compliant with Regulation E
- Research and examine each claim
- Help coordinate merchant communications as needed
- Investigate fraud-related cases
Our dispute resolution team will always take the time to determine if cardholders have valid disputes and make sure you only issue credits that are merited.
Find Peace Of Mind With ID TheftSmart
Fraud can turn lives upside down. Not only can people lose money and good credit, they can spend months trying to rectify the problem.
Protect your clients by using Credit Monitoring with ID TheftSmartTM from United Bankers’ Agency and Kroll Inc., the largest, most experienced white-collar fraud agency in the private sector. Their forensic accountants, attorneys, investigative journalists, regulators and former law-enforcement personnel work on behalf of your clients to protect and restore their identity.
This service allows consumers to identify inaccuracies in credit data and also provides early detection of potentially fraudulent activity in their credit file.
Benefits to you
This solution offered by SHAZAM provides credit monitoring for:
- New account opening
- Credit inquiry
- Payment delinquency
- Public record change
- Change of address
Plus, your accountholders have access to:
- One-on-one counseling to help prevent identity theft
- Full-service identity restoration from licensed, experienced investigators
- Continued monitoring and follow-up to ensure all the long-term repercussions from identity theft are resolved
- Alerts of credit file activity through Credit Monitoring providing the opportunity to take action