Cardholders | Consumer Protection | Keeping Your Information Safe
SHAZAM and your financial institution take your safety and security very seriously and so should you. While we offer many fraud protection products and services to help protect your information, you are a key resource in keeping your information safe and secure. To help safeguard your information from potential fraud and identify theft, we offer the following recommendations.
- Give personal information on the phone, Internet, or over email; unless you know whom you are dealing with.
- Click on links sent in unsolicited emails.
- Use obvious passwords, such as birth dates or mother’s maiden name.
- Keep your anti-virus and anti-spyware software up to date.
- Shred all financial documents and paperwork before discarding them.
- Protect your SSN. Only give it out if it’s necessary or ask to use another form of ID.
- Keep your personal information in a secure place at your home.
- Monitor your financial statements regularly and notify your financial institution of suspicious activity.
- Monitor your credit report regularly for unauthorized purchases or debts.
For a Free Copy of Your Credit Report
Reputable companies who offer a free copy of your credit report:
Equifax® call (800) 525-6285 or visit www.equifax.com
Experian® call (888) 397-3742 or visit www.experian.co
TransUnion® call (800) 680-7289 or visit www.transunion.com
Protection is Key
Protecting your information is the greatest weapon you have in preventing fraud. Remember, you are in control of your information. By applying some simple personal security measures in addition to the SHAZAM fraud prevention services your financial institution offers, you can protect your account and personal information from becoming compromised — before it becomes an issue.
For More Information
Contact your financial institution for more information on how you can protect your information and fight fraud.